Thursday, October 30, 2014

Guest Post: Covey App for connecting moms

A few weeks ago, I got the chance to sit in on a meeting with some of the Covey moms and I am very excited about what this app is going to do! Created by moms and for moms, here is one of the co-founders to share more about the Covey App.


Finding My Flock
By Sarah Aerni of coveymom.com

I fell in love all over again when I had my third son, Ben, this September, but part of me also felt like I was starting over again.  I’m not talking about learning to be a parent which was so difficult as a first-time mother, but rather a challenge I’ve faced with the birth of each of my children:  how do I find mom friends who are in the same boat as me?

Based on my own experience as a new mother (and continuing even now), I find that my day improves when I’m able to spend some time with another mom.  We just get each other right away on a level where we usually are.  Need to laugh about the amount of poop you dealt with last night?  She’s there.  Dying to share the latest anecdote in your toddler’s language development?  She’s got a laugh and another story to match it.  Looking for someone to help with something big or small?  My mom friends are my preferred source for help these days and I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon.

I've lucked out twice finding mom friends. During my first pregnancy, a neighbor introduced me to another mom-to-be and during my second, I reconnected with one of my former ultimate frisbee teammates who was also expecting. But it is too important to the mental well-being of a mom to leave this important step up to chance.  

Some of my Pittsburgh mom-friends and I have teamed up to make it easier for moms and caregivers of small children to connect. We want to facilitate new friendships, as well as make it easier to get in touch with people you already know.  We want to increase the strength of the  Community of Mothers in Pittsburgh. Kelly’s Momtourage has already been doing this through the playdates, but we want to help you meet up again easily with someone from one of those playdates or with someone else you find in the course of daily life.
My friends and I have created a free mobile app called Covey that helps you connect with nearby moms both online and in the real world.  We just released the Android version a month ago and the community is growing fast!  Please join us by downloading the app and spread the word. After you join, come find me (Sarah A.) and my fellow Covey team members: Vanessa, Jess, Julie, Julika and Sarah G. on Covey! We look forward to meeting you.
To learn more about Covey, go to www.coveymom.com or download the app at the Google Play Store .

Thanks, Sarah, for taking the time to share with us. We hope to continue to see great connections made through the mothers of Pittsburgh!

1 comment:

Anne Greenfield said...

Awesome idea Sarah! My kids are grown but would have loved to have had a tool like this when they were little! Those were some wonderful but sometimes long, lonely days!! Best of luck with this venture